5 Tips for Staging your Lake Home
The goal in home staging is to decorate your home to showcase it's best features and make it more attractive to lake home buyers. Creating a positive first impression is key when selling your home. A small investment in cleaning supplies, neutral furnishings and optimizing furniture placement can give you the edge over competing sellers in your market as well as add thousands of dollars to your property value.
1. Clean up - If you're planning an open house the home should be clean from top to bottom. Don't forget the garage as well as the patio deck and boat dock. Potential buyers should have a lasting impression when they visit your home.
2. De-clutter and Dispose - It's important to create lots of space to make your house more sellable. Be sure to declutter and dispose of any items from your kitchen and bathroom counter-tops. Pull up old carpets or remove area rugs to showcase your hardwood floors.
3. Organize - Storage is a priority for many home buyers especially in closets and cabinets. Prioritize and re-organize by neatly storing all of your personal items to maximize space. Put away any clutter that may be hiding potential storage space.
4. Furnish Empty Rooms - Too much space can sometimes work against you. Especially if home buyers can't get a good sense of space with an empty room. Staging a room with the right furniture can make it easier for buyers to imagine living in the space.
5. Curb Appeal - The more inviting the outside the more likely and excited people will be to see the inside. Make sure the entryway to your home looks pristine. A well maintained lawn and a little landscaping from your local home renovation store can do some wonders.
Have a home staging tip or recommendation of your own? Please share your comments.